Vatican , Colosseum and Ancient Forum Semi-Private Day Tour
Visit the Vatican museum, Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter's Basilica, Colosseum and Ancient forum in a Semi-Private Tour with only 8 people . The tour will last a total of 6 hours with a break in between tours and includes all skip the line tickets and highly qualified guides . Guaranteed departures with only 2 paxBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Guaranteed departures with 2 people
- Semi- private tour with a max of 8 people for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Highly qualified English speaking guides
- Skip the line tickets included
Enjoy a Full Day Tour of Rome conducted by an Highly Qualifed Rome Guide , with a background in art, history and archaeology . In Groups of only 8 people and with guaranteed departures with only 2 people , visit all the Major Sites of Rome , including the Vatican Museum and St Peter’s church, the Colosseum and Ancient Forum for a total of 6 hours touring experience . There will be a break in between tours for lunch ( not included )
By booking this combination of both the Vatican and Ancient Rome tour you will qualify for our Super Saver 10% discount (compared to booking the tours individually).
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalized and in-depth experience. You will have all the time you need to experience the beauty of the Vatican and Ancient Rome – we make sure you can soak up the atmosphere of this special trip.
Our experienced guides go the extra mile, using ipads and books to illustrate our stories and explanations. Since you are in a small group, our guides also have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what your tours will include:
Semi – Private Ancient Rome tour – 8.45a to 11.45am
During this three-hour tour you’ll be walking in the company of our licensed expert guide in the Colosseum who will help you visualize what it would have been like to be part of a 50,000 strong audience witnessing the showmanship of the Gladiators. From there you will move on to visit the Palatine Hill and then Constantine’s Arch – a triumphal arch which dates back to 315AD.
And afterwards, you will survey the ruins of the Ancient Roman Forum, where our guide will tell you about the period’s defining historical moments. Through our guides, you will be able to understand exactly what it was like to live in Rome over 2,000 years ago.
Semi-Private Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour – 2pm to 5pm
Accompanied once again by our expert tour guide you will see the most important highlights of this historic site.
A significant part of the tour will be spent in the Sistine Chapel where you can hear about its transformation into one of the world’s most important artistic creations. We’ll also share the story behind the conflict between two key figures of the Renaissance – Michelangelo and Pope Julius II.
We will spend time in the Vatican museums which hold significant collections of art built up by the Popes throughout the period. The collection includes some of the most renowned structures and masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
Finally, the tour will take you to St. Peter’s Basilica where you can see Bernini’s Papal Canopy and Michelangelo’s Pietà. Throughout, our guide will tell you all about the history of the first Pope – the tale of a simple fisherman – through to the extravagance of the renaissance period popes.
Colosseum & Ancient Rome tour starts from outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissime Ancient rome tour written on it.
Vatican & Sistine chapel tour starts from outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums where you will find our guide holding a sign with Vatican Tour written on it
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed anymore inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is not deposit area in the vicinity, avoid taking any rucksack
- You can take these two tours over two days. At the time of booking you just need to enter in the comments field your preference of the days you would like to take each tour.
- These tours are of historical areas and are not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times one of the attractions included might be closed without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- Please wear confortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- There is a dress code for St Peter’s Basillica. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with a minimum 2 participants
- Prices from: 189.00
- Duration: 6 hours
- Availability: View Calendar