Rome in 2 Days Semi-Private Tour: Colosseum, Vatican and Essence of Rome
In a small group of only 8 people ( and guaranted departures with only 2 people ) , discover all the best sights of Rome in a 2 Day touring experience with one of our Top Rated Rome Guides . Visit the Colosseum , Ancient Forum , Vatican Museum and St Peters’ , Pantheon , Campo Dei Fiori , Navona Square and much more, including a coffee Break & Taste !BOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Guaranteed departures with 2 people
- Semi- private tour with a max of 8 people for a more intimate and personalized experience
- Highly qualified English speaking guides
- Skip the line tickets included
- Coffee Break and Taste
Enjoy a Semi-Private Grand Day Tour of Rome over 2 Days conducted by an Highly Qualifed Rome Guide , with a background in art, history and archaeology . In Groups of only 8 people and with guaranteed departures with only 2 people , visit all the Major Sites of Rome , including the Vatican Museum and St Peter’s church , the Colosseum and Ancient Forum, The Pantheon , Trevi Fountain, Navona Square , Campo De’ Fiori and much more for a total of 9 hours touring experience . There will be a break in between tours for lunch ( not included ) and the tours will be taken over a 2 Days Period .
By booking this combination of both the Vatican and Ancient Rome tour you will qualify for our Super Saver 10% discount (compared to booking the tours individually).
Let’s take a look at what tours our combo offer includes:
8.30 AM SEMI-PRIVATE ESSENCE OF ROME WALKING TOUR - 3 hours
Early morning walking tour with maximum 8 people. Visit all the must see sights of Rome before the crowds arrive: Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Navona Square, Campo de' Fiori Market and Caravaggio paintings at St Luigi Dei Francesi church . The touring experience is conducted by one of our art/historian Top Rated Rome Guides. Enjoy also a coffee break at one of the historical Roman Cafés.
2.00 pm SEMI-PRIVATE VATICAN AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR – 3 hours
Enjoy a 3 hrs Tour of the Masterpieces of the Vatican Museum ,Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica , led by one of our Top Rated Rome Guides . Small Groups of only 8 people to ensure a more intimate and enjoyable experience in the often crowded museum.
A significant portion of the tour will be spent in the Sistine Chapel where you can hear about its transformation into one of the world’s most important artistic creations. We’ll also share the story behind the conflict between two key figures of the Renaissance – Michelangelo and Pope Julius II.
We will spend time in the Vatican museums which hold significant collections of art built up by the Popes throughout the period. The collection includes some of the most renowned structures and masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
Then the tour will take you to St. Peter’s Basilica where you can see Bernini’s Papal canopy and Michelangelo’s Pietà. Throughout, our guide will tell you all about the history of the first Pope – the tale of a simple fisherman – through to the extravagance of the renaissance period popes.
8.45 am SEMI-PRIVATE COLOSSEUM AND ANCIENT ROME TOUR – 3 hours
Enjoy a 3 hrs tour of the Colosseum and Ancient Forum , led by one of our Top Rated Rome Guides . Small Groups of only 8 people to ensure a more intimate and enjoyable experience of these extraordinary sites of Ancient Rome .
In the Colosseum , our guide will help you visualize what it would have been like to be part of a 50,000 strong audience witnessing the showmanship of the Gladiators. From there you will move on to visit the Palatine Hill and then Constantine’s Arch – a triumphal arch which dates back to 315AD.
And afterwards, you will survey the ruins of the Ancient Roman Forum, where our guide will tell you about the period’s defining historical moments. Through our guides, you will be able to understand exactly what it was like to live in Rome over 2,000 years ago.
starting on Mon, Wed & Fri
Day 1: 8.45 am Ancient Rome walking tour & 2 pm Vatican walking tour
Day 2: 8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour
starting on Tue & Thu
Day 1: 8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour
Day 2: 8.45 am Ancient Rome walking tour & 2 pm Vatican walking tour
8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour - Piazza di Spagna by the fountain in front of the flight of steps
8.45 am Ancient Rome tour - outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissime Ancient rome tour written on it.
2 pm Vatican tour - outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums, where you will find our guide holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is no luggage deposit area in the vicinity, avoid taking any rucksack due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments
- At times Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- These three small group tours can be taken in two or more days based on each tour's individual operational schedule. When submitting your reservation online select one date and enter your date preferences for the remaining tours in the comments field
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a dress code in places of worship like churches and basilicas. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed!
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off
- Each tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Prices from: 249.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar