Small Group Tuscany wine tour from Florence
Revel in Tuscany’s wine country and hilltop towns on this small-group day trip from Florence. Traveling by luxury minivan with an expert driver-guide, explore the idyllic town of Montepulciano and enjoy a wine tasting at a selected winery . Next, stop at a winery near Montalcino for a food and wine experience including starter, pasta dish, dessert, served with three local Brunello di Montalcino wines. Finish with the visit of Pienza, one of Tuscany’s beautiful hill towns. Enjoy a personalized experience on this small-group tour, limited to eight peopleBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Travel through the Tuscan countryside by luxurious Mercedes AC minivan with our experienced English speaking driver-guide
- Small group tour with maximum 8 people per minivan
- Wine tastings lunch at a Tuscan wine farm
- Visit Montepulciano town, Piombaia wine farm or similar, Pienza and Montalcino hill town
In a small group of 8 or less, you will travel from Florence to the historic town of Montepulciano, sampling its atmosphere and wine before moving on to the Tuscan hill town of Montalcino. During this leg of the trip you will visit a local wine farm and the beautiful Renaissance hill town Pienza. Afterwards, you will be driven back to Florence via the panoramic Cassia Road that travels through the beautiful Tuscan countryside.
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalised and in-depth experience. Lasting from 9am until 6pm, you will have all the time you need to experience the beauty of Tuscan countryside. Our experienced driver - guide will drive you and a party of no more than 8 people per van. Since you are in a small group, our guides also have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what your tour will include:
Florence to Montepulciano
The tour begins at 9am from the Piazza della Repubblica where you will meet your driver - guide. From there you will be driven to Montepulciano where you will have time to explore the town, its famous San Biagio Church and the Contucci cellar which boasts more than 1000 years of history. Here you will be able to take part in a wine tasting before traveling onwards to Montalcino, departing at around noon.
Montepulciano to Piombaia
The first stop on this section of the trip will be Piombaia ( or a similar property) wine farm, where you’ll enjoy a private lunch and some of the farm’s own wine. The lunch will include appetizers, a pasta dish and dessert. During lunch you will be able to take part in a wine tasting – where you’ll experience three different types of Brunello wine.
Next, visit the Renaissance hill town Pienza, which affords incredible views over the Orcia Valley. Pienza is also well known for the cheese produced here and called Pecorino from Pienza, that you may taste in one of the many small and charming shops around the town selling this famous local cheese.Then it is off to the medieval hill town of Montalcino. It boasts beautiful views over the surrounding valleys. You will be able to walk through its charming city centre and see its medieval fortress – guided by your driver who will walk with you.
Return to Florence
Your memorable day exploring the beautiful Tuscan countryside will end with a lovely drive back to Florence via the Cassia Road taking you through the stunning Chianti hills. You will arrive back in Florence city centre at approximately 6pm.
TOUR OPERATES WITH MIN 4 PARTICIPANTS
- Gratuities and all that is not listed under inclusions
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Your Tuscany Day tour will start from directly outside the Cafe Paskowski in Piazza Repubblica in Florence where you will find your guide holding a sign with Avventure Bellissime written on it
- This tour will be made up of 8 people in total per minivan and you will be driven / guided by one of our experienced and licensed driver-guides .
- The tour begins at 9am in Florence and finishes at 6pm in Florence.
- The tour includes the cost of lunch and wine tastings.
- The tour does not include gratuities or the cost of any other consumables for the day.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 185.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar