Small Group Essence of Venice Walk
Small group tour featuring St Mark's Square, St Mark's Basilica including the visit of the Pala D'Oro inside the church, Bridge of Sighs, Doge's Palace (exterior), Bell Tower and Clock tower, Castello District of Venice and secret VeniceBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Licensed Expert English speaking guide
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark's basilica
- In-depth tour of St.Marks Basilica is only possible on this small group tour
- Tickets to visit the Pala d'Oro
- Headphones when the group has more than 6 participants
- St. Marks Basilica, Doges Palace, Bridge of Sighs & time spent exploring the Hidden Venice
- Min 4 - Max 14 participants
Featuring an In-depth tour of St. Marks Basilica which is only possible on our small group Essence of Venice walking tours. Limited to a maximum of 14-partcipants, you'll see and do more touring Venice on these small group city sightseeing tours.
Equipped with complimentary head-phones so that you can follow every word of your expert English-speaking Venice Tour Guide as you stroll around St. Marks Square discussing all the major monuments that will include the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs, Bell Tower & Clock Tower prior to entering St. Mark's Basilica with skip the line tickets to enjoy an in-depth tour of St. Mark's Basilica discussing the fabulous mosaics and visiting the Pala D'Oro.
In the second part of the tour we'll leave the hordes of tourists behind in St. Marks Square to explore a very different Venice. A Venice that's more fascinating and intimate, what we call the Hidden Venice.
As our expert Venice tour guides continue to narrate the story of Venice, you'll enjoy exploring another world of narrow alleyways and meandering canals, punctuated by delicate bridges, hidden architectural gems and fascinating stories about the Venetians who created this incredible city from absolutely nothing!
PLEASE VIEW THE VIDEO OF THIS TOUR TO UNDERSTAND THE LEVEL OF SERVICE WE OFFER ALL OUR CLIENTS. This tour concludes at the Bridge of Sighs, near St. Marks Square.
At the Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square. From St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with Essence of Venice Walk written on it.
IMPORTANT: Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter San Marks Basilica. Large bags are not allowed into the Basilica
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with min 4 participants.
- Prices from: 29.00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
Instead, the sign said Bellisima”
She really cared and was passionate about her city.