Small Group Doge's Palace Tours
One of our most popular tours in Venice - Small group guided Doge's Palace tour with skip the line tickets! Cross the Bridge of Sighs and visit the Prisons, learn about the unique Venetian political institution, the Council of Ten and see the Doge's ApartmentBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Licensed Expert English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Complimentary head-sets (from 8 people) to follow every word of your expert guides commentary
- Skip the line tickets to the Doge's Palace
- Fabulous works of Art, Cross the Bridge of Sighs, Visit the Prisons
Full two-hour Venice Walking Tours of the Doges Palace in Venice should be an absolute must for anyone visiting Venice. The most important building in Venice, is the key to understanding Venice and its inimitable form and longevity. Within its walls the cities form of government was as unique as the city itself, and during this captivating tour of the Doges Palace you learn all about the inner workings of the brain of Venice.
Equipped with complimentary head-phones, you'll be able to hear all the detailed commentary of your expert English-speaking Venice Tour Guide as they recount a fascinating story of the longest ever-running independent Republic in the history of the World.
Learn about the Venetians unique form of government, the role of the Doge (the Duke of Venice), of the different councils and, among them, the notorious Council of Ten, who were created to maintain the security of the State. Not too mention the notorious torture chambers and prisons reserved for enemies of the state.
And while housing all the institutions inside its chambers that made Venice one of the most enlightened cities in the world, the Venetians themselves also adorned the Doges Palace with fabulous works of Art that will be discussed during your tour of the Doges Palace.
Cross the Bridge of Sighs, to see the prisons of the Doges Palace.
And of course, during our two-hour tours of the Doges Palace we'll discuss it's architecture that went on to influence the rest of the city with its Byzantine-Gothic style of architecture reflecting a city that neither belonged to the west or the east.
Your Doge's Palace Tour departs from the Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square. From St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with Doge's Palace Walk written on it
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times, Doges Palace close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with min 4 participants
- Max 22/25 people per guide
- Prices from: 39.00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point