Small Group Day trip of Veneto: Medieval hilltowns, Wine and Palladian Villa
Small group day tour from Venice and featuring Bassano del Grappa, Asolo, Marostica, Villa Barbaro by Palladio, Prosecco wine region with wine tastingBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Visit Bassano del Grappa, Asolo, Marostica
- Wonder around picturesque hilltowns at the foothills of the Dolomites
- Try the local grappa, firewater, at Poli distillery in Bassano del Grappa
- Check out the local ceramic at the many shops in Bassano del Grappa
- Visit a country Renaissance estate designed by famous Palladio
- Drive along the prosecco wine road
- Enjoy a casual wine tasting of local prosecco wine
- Tours limited to a maximum of 8 participants per van
Escape the crowds of Venice on our small group Venice day tours excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. Stroll around enchanting hilltowns, savour the delicious cuisine and famous wines of the Veneto and visit a famous Renaissance country estate designed by Andrea Palladio.
Travelling at a relaxed pace, along scenic back-roads, with plenty of free time, it will feel as if our Venice Day Tours Hill Towns of Veneto excursion was designed just for you. Visit Medieval Marostica, with its imposing fortified castle and giant chess-board permanently laid-out in the town square, where the famous living game of chess is played every two years. The game revolves around a legend dating from the 15th century when the fate of one young lady was decided on the outcome of a game of chess. While at Marostica enjoy some free time to walk around this lovely small town.
We'll then visit the picturesque town of Bassano del Grappa, featuring a magnificent Palladian bridge crossing the mighty Brenta river. Enjoy a walk around its narrow streets, spacious squares and at spectacular viewpoints, enjoy superb views over the surrounding hills and mountains. Here you'll also have the chance to sample some of the local firewater - "Grappa" (Optional). Bassano is also a shopper's paradise famous for its ceramics produced in town, porcini mushrooms and other local delicacies, you can take the opportunity to do some shopping during your free time.
The last hilltown we visit is the enchanting and elegant Asolo, the pearl of Veneto, perched on lush-green hills. Along with its delightful gardens, palatial villas, beautiful renaissance palaces, the spectacular views of the surrounding countryside have inspired poets and writers over the centuries, the likes of Robert Browning and Freya Stark.
A true gem with a lovely castle and an imposing fortress, you'll fall in love with the peaceful atmosphere of this town, one among the "most beautiful borghi" of Italy. After lunch in a typical trattoria (optional), we'll continue our tour visiting a Palladian Villa designed by Andrea Palladio.
Visit Villa Barbaro (Tue-Sun) or Villa Emo (Mon), both splendid examples of Palladian country houses. Although the Villa Barbaro is more famous because of its famous frescoes by Veronese, the Villa Emo is also an important Palladian villa with delightful gardens and frescoes by Palladio's favourite artist Zelotti.
Our day together concludes with a casual wine tasting at a local winery located in the Prosecco wine region, which offers stunning views of the terraced slopes thickly planted with vines. And after a refreshing glass or two of Prosecco wine, relax as we return back to Venice.
TOUR OPERATES WITH MIN 4 PARTICIPANTS
Tronchetto, Venice, where you will find your guide waiting for you on the platform of the water-bus line nr 2 station, holding a sign with the the name of the tour written on it. Tour operates with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 participants per each minivan
- All Palladian Villas are privately owned and we are not responsible if owners decide to close their villas on days when they were scheduled to be open.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Prices from: 155.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
The views from each town were stunning! We highly recommend this tour!