Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti small group tour with wine and lunch
Enjoy a small group food and wine tour of the Chianti wine area, featuring a 2 hrs tour of Siena, lunch and wine tasting at a Chianti winery, and the visit of the famous hilltown San GimignanoBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- A/C Mercedes vehicle or similar make
- Local Expert English speaking driver-guide
- Pick up and drop off in Florence city centre
- 2 hrs tour with licensed English speaking guide in Siena
- 1 full wine tasting with light lunch in a selected winery in the Chianti area
- Visit of San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- Max 8 people per van
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalised and in-depth experience. This tour of Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti starts at 9am and runs until 6pm in the evening. You will have all the time you need to experience the beauty of the countryside.
Since you are in a small group, our very experienced English speaking driver -guides have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what your tour will include:
With your Avventure Bellissime driver-guide, you and your small tour group will leave from Florence city centre at 9am, and from there you’ll drive through the gorgeous Chianti countryside. The first stop is at Siena – a beautiful Tuscan hill town with its famous Piazza del Campo (Campo Square), where the famous Palio, a horse race, is held twice a year - spend time in Siena touring the city and experiencing its medieval narrow streets.
Lunch at a Chianti winery
From Siena, we’ll then drive to a well-known winery in the Chianti area - Monterinaldi or similar, spending two hours or so there. You’ll be able to find out a little about how the popular wines for this region are produced. And then, it’s time for lunch! You’ll enjoy a selection of Bruschettas, salamis and cheeses accompanied by three superb chianti wines plus vinsanto.
After lunch we will then travel to San Gimignano one of the most charming and picuresque Tuscan hill towns. It boasts medieval towers that were built for the richest families of that period. You can visit the cathedral, climb the ‘Torre Grossa’, take pictures of the stunning scenery which will be surrounding you and enjoy gelato in Cistern Square.
San Gimignano to Florence
After leaving San Gimignano, the tour returns to Florence via the Chianti area once again. We will stop at the medieval and charming village of Monteriggioni, one of the most important and preserved walled castles in the area. Such was its importance – it was mentioned in Dante Alighieri in his most famous work - the Divine Comedy.
TOUR OPERATES WITH MIN 4 PARTICIPANTS
- Entrance fees if applicable
- Gratuities( Optional)
- All that is not specified under inclusions
Your Small Group Tour of Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti will start from directly outside the Cafe Paskowski in Piazza Repubblica in Florence where you will find your guide holding a sign with Avventure Bellissime written on it
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Prices from: 189.00
- Duration: 8 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point