Private Venice in 1 day Shore Excursion
Venice private shore excursion features a tour of the Grand Canal by boat and 3 hrs tour on foot visiting St Mark's square , St Mark's basilica, Rialto bridge , secret Venice. On this tour it is also possible to include the visit of the Doge's palace ( entrance fee not included )BOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Pick up at the port of Venice
- 4 hrs English speaking and licensed guide
- Luxurious motor-launch for tour of the Grand Canal
Our Private Venice in 1 Day cruise ship shore excursions combine a three-hour guided walking tour of the Venice with a one-hour guided boat tour of the Grand Canal & minor canals of Venice with an expert Venice Tour Guide. Ideal for families, small groups and individual travellers who desire a more thorough and intimate introduction to the city of Venice.
Enjoy a fascinating and informative private tour of the Grand canal on board of a luxurious motor- launch. Learn about the many prestigious palaces, warehouses, churches, gardens that line the banks of the most unique street of the world, the Grand Canal. The first part of these Venice shore excursions will end in St. Mark's square.
Here after receiving an introduction to the city, enter the magnificent San Mark's Basilica (guaranteed no lines). On these Venice shore excursions we can also include on request the visit of the Doges Palace. And after leaving St. Mark's square, discover the real Venice while walking though the back and quiet streets of Venice. A journey though the hidden Venice is a must if you want to try and capture the soul of Venice.
ABOUT THE ITINERARY:
Our local expert tour guides can design Venice shore excursions to suit your exact needs on the actual day of the tour. Typical guest itineraries vary from a introductory tour of the city's major sites, to itineraries through the "Hidden Venice" to discover the less frequented parts of Venice and the treasures that are awaiting to be discovered in the labyrinth of back-streets and alleyways.
N.B. Due to Lent religious observance St Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from now on until Easter included. These decisions are taken by the local authorities and are therefore beyond our control.
All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled – our guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids (either books or pictures or Ipad) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church.
Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter Catholic churches - Moreover large bags are not allowed into San Mark's Basilica. Private Venice in 1 Day Shore excursions, departing directly from your cruise ship at the port of Venice are ideal for first-time visitors to Venice. Our Private Venice in 1 Day shore excursions features a private boat tour of the Grand Canal by luxurious motor-launch followed by a walking tour of the Highlights of the Venice that includes skip the line tickets for St. Mark's Basilica and a fascinating stroll through the Hidden Venice. In the company of one of our expert Venice tour guides cover the history of Venice from its beginnings to the current day as well as seeing all the must-see sights of the city.
- Eventual entrance fees are not included
This private Venice Shore Excursion departs from the port of Venice
- Please specify name and port of call of your cruise ship
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season) .
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Prices from: 92.50
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: View Calendar