Private Vatican & Ancient Rome Tour
Private day tours of Rome featuring Vatican, Sistine Chapel , St Peter's basilica , Ancient Rome and ColosseumBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Pick up and drop off at your Hotel
- Highly qualified English speaking guide
- Private round-trip transfers from your hotel
- Skip the Line Tickets to the Vatican Museums & Colosseum
Our Private Rome Day Tours of the Colosseum, Vatican & Ancient Rome starts driving straight to the centre of Rome where you'll meet one of our expert local guides at the Vatican museum.
At the Vatican your private tours guide will concentrate on all the must-see sights of the Vatican museums spending as much time as possible at Sistine Chapel where you'll interpret the works of the genius of the Renaissance as your guide explains the great influences that inspired Michelangelo, a 31 year old sculptor untried in the art of fresco painting to create one of the greatest works of art of all time.
Throughout our Private Tours of the Vatican your guide will entertain you with rich anecdotes that will shed light on the famous Popes of Rome their conclave through which Popes are elected, the incredible lifestyles of the Popes during the enlightened years of the Renaissance, as well as interesting tales about more notorious Popes such as the Barberini family for whom the Romans coined the phrase "What the Barbarians didn't take, the Barberini did!"
In the vast open spaces of St. Peter's Basilica, we'll discover and discuss Bernini's Papal Canopy and Michelangelo's incredible Pietà that inspired Pope Julius II to choose the artist for greater challenges to come! And as you enjoy a private tour of the most magnificent church in the world, listen to a story about a simple fisherman who became the first Pope of Christianity.
Then, our Private Vatican & Ancient Rome tours continue with a private transfer to the Colosseum to enjoy a walking tour of the Ancient Roman Forum combined with an in-depth tour of the Colosseum which includes skip the line tickets. During our walking tours of Ancient Rome we'll also take time to discuss and visit the Palatine Hill & Constantine' s Arch.
From its origins Rome to the magnificence of the Roman Empire you'll learn the history of Ancient Rome illuminated by anecdotes on what life was like in Roman Times. Learn about the social order of Roman society, its beliefs pagan rituals, political life and how the Romans gave the letters S.P.Q.R. their meaning and then carried them to the ends of the known world.
At the Colosseum you'll learn how the elaborate effects where created through which they created such incredible spectacles for the citizens of Ancient Rome, and you'll appreciate what it meant for a Roman to attend these games. After the three-hour Ancient Rome you will have a private transfer back to your hotel.
You can upgrade your tour by keeping the vehicle at disposal for the all time. Contact us for rates @ email@example.com.
This Private tour starts from your hotel in Rome
- ** Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is not deposit area in the vicinity , avoid taking any rucksack as due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- At times, St. Peter’s Basilica and Colosseum closes without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- There is a dress code for St Peter’s Basillica. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Prices from: 157.00
- Duration: 6 hours
- Availability: View Calendar