Private Lucca & Carrara Trip
Private Tour featuring Lucca and Pietrasanta, home of the white Carrara MarbleBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Private guided tour of Lucca
- Scenic drive through the marble quarries at Carrara
- Visit Pietrasanta the home of Carrara Marble & Famous Stonemasons
A very different tour of Tuscany awaits you on our Private Florence day tours of Lucca & Carrara. Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Lucca, and visit Pietrasanta in the heart of Carrara country.
Following a drive up through the Appuan Alps, you will visit the Fantiscritti marble quarry of Carrara and you can choose to take the optional 40-minute tour into the working quarry. Travelling with one of our Local Expert Driver-Guides who possesses an in-depth knowledge of Tuscany, you will enjoy an insider's view to the region.
Michelangelo himself traveled to these valleys to pick out the marble that he would work into his masterpieces.
The tour will continue in Pietrasanta, the medieval town that enjoyed the patronage of many famous international artists. Michelangelo lived in the town for a short period and was the first sculptor to recognize the beauty of local stone. Following a break for lunch (optional) in Pietrasanta, we will make our way to the beautiful city of Lucca.
Once the capital of the Longobards Italy, this city is famous for its sturdy walls that still encircle the town and its Romanesque architecture. After a walking tour of Lucca, we will have free time for shopping before returning to Florence.
Your Private Tuscany Lucca Carrara Tour will start from your hotel in Florence
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Prices from: 125.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar