Private Highlights of Venice Walk
Focusing on the highlights of Venice, this tour features St Mark's square , St Mark's basilica, Doge's palace ( exterior) and many areas of the so called secret Venice . Perfect introduction to the city of VeniceBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Reservations to avoid long lines for the Basilica
- Expert Venice Tour guides
- In-depth tour of St. Mark's Basilica
- PRIVATE TOURS CAN BE ARRANGED IN ENGLISH & OTHER LANGUAGES
On our Private Highlights of Venice Walking Tours visit St. Mark's square and learn the history that lies behind the walls of its most famous landmarks; the St. Mark's Basilica and its Byzantine Heritage, the Doge's Palace and its adjoining prisons, that retain the true secrets to comprehend how a city built on swamps became one of the most enlightened cities in the western world. Ideal city sightseeing tours for the first-time visitor.
Then, leave the square and crowds behind to enjoy a sightseeing tour of the real Venice, enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways and alleys where an enchanting city of meandering canals punctuated by delicate bridges awaits you. Explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic Palaces and at the Scuola di San Marco learn about the famous trade schools of Venice that provided the foundations of the great mercantile empire.
And, through the sights and historical narrations learn how illustrious Venetians, the likes of Marco Polo, and more common citizens made this city of stone a vibrant and magical place. See Marco Polo's House and enjoy tales of this legendary globe-trotting Venetian.
Admire the Church of San Giovanni & Paolo "the Pantheon of Venice", enter an old merchant's warehouse and see the most beautiful well-head in Venice. And emerge from the labyrinth of the Hidden Venice to discover the Rialto Bridge waiting for you!
And, of course, discover how Venice is today and how it is to live in the most unique city in the World, though not the most practical.
Our Private Highlights of Venice Walking Tours finish at the Rialto Bridge.
Your Private Original Venice Walking Tour can start from your hotel (if centrally located) or St. Mark's Square
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- Prices from: 26.50
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: View Calendar
Thank you Francesco, we had excellent time with you walking in the secret corners with a lot of history you showed to us!!
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point