Private Classic Venice in 1 Day Tour
This Private Tour of Venice combines a 2 hrs walking tour featuring St Mark's Square , St Mark's Basilica and a tour of the Doge's Palace including the Bridge of Sighs and the prisons with a private boat excursion on the Grand Canal & back canals of VeniceBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Licensed Expert Guide for 3-hours
- Luxurious Motor-Launch for 60 minutes
- Skip the line tickets for St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip the line tickets for the Doge's Palace
Private Venice Day Tours focusing on the must-see sites of the city for the first-time visitor. Enjoy an in-depth Tour of St. Mark's Basilica, a highlights tour of the Doges Palace which will include crossing the Bridge of Sighs, and as a grand finale cruise along the main street of Venice, The Grand Canal, to enjoy a detailed discussion of the important structures that line its route through the heart of Venice as you enjoy these classic city sightseeing tours of Venice.
The Classic Venice in 1 day tours that begin with a tour of St. Marks Basilica. In the company of one of our licensed expert guides, you'll learn the history of the Basilica, discuss the incredible mosaics, and tour behind the altar to admire the Pala D'Oro and the Treasury that contains most of the booty from Venice's notorious raid on Constantinople back in 1204.
The tour of St. Mark's Basilica continues upstairs where you'll visit the Loggia dei Cavalli, to see the famous guided bronze horses and to enjoy the best view of St. Mark's square. And here, overlooking the square, your guide will discuss the famous elections of the Doges where the whole population of Venice would be summoned to choose their next leader.
The next part of these Venice Day Tours is a Tour of the Doge's Palace. A one-hour of the highlights of the Doge's Palace that will include crossing the Bridge of Sighs, visiting the old prisons, discussing the fabulous works of Art housed within the sumptuously decorated chambers of the Palace. You'll learn about the Doge, the infamous Council of Ten, and how Venice became one of the most enlightened states in Europe. A Republic that lasted longer than any other in history.
Our Classic Venice Day Tours itinerary finishes with a Boat Tour of the Grand Canal, when you'll escape the crowds of St. Marks to explore the main street of Venice on a private one-hour boat tour of Venice covering the Grand Canal and minor canals of the city to provide you with a fully rounded introduction to the most unique city in the world.
N.B. Due to Lent religious observance St Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from now on until Easter included. These decisions are taken by the local authorities and are therefore beyond our control.
All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled – our guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids (either books or pictures or Ipad) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church.
- Does not include tickets to the treasury of St. Mark's Basilica - 3 Euro per person
Your English speaking guide will come and meet you in the lobby of your Hotel if it's centrally located or in a central location in Venice. We will advise you at the time of booking
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Prices from: 90.00
- Duration: 3 hours
- Availability: View Calendar