Original Walk & Gondola Ride Special Offer
This super saver combo tour features a 2 hrs walking tour of St Mark's square , St Mark's basilica, Doge's palace ( exterior ) , secret Venice with a shared Gondola Ride lasting 30 minutesBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Local expert English speaking guide
- Skip the line tickets to St. Mark's Basilica
- 30-minute ride in a traditional Venetian Gondola limited to a maximum of 6 passengers per Gondola
This Venice Day Tours itinerary features our popular Original Venice Walk & small group Venice Gondola Ride. When booking both these tours together you receive a discounted price.
Morning (times varies depending on the season) - ORIGINAL VENICE WALKING TOUR - 2 HOURS
Our Original Venice Walking Tours covers the highlights of Venice. As part of this Venice day tours package visit St. Mark's square and learn the history that lies behind the walls of its most famous landmarks, St Mark's Basilica (with Skip the line tickets) and its Byzantine heritage, the Doge's Palace (exterior) and its adjoining prisons, that retain the true secrets to comprehend how a city built on swamps became one of the most enlightened cities in the western world.
Then, leave the crowds of St. Mark's square to discover the enchanting & Hidden Venice. Following a monumental route, learn the history of Venice from its origins to the modern-day. You'll hear tales of illustrious Venetian characters, the likes of Marco Polo and Casanova to enjoy a thorough introduction to the city on foot.
AFTERNOON TOUR (departure time depending on the season) - SHARED GONDOLA RIDE - 30 MINUTES
Our Venice day tours package continues with a small group Gondola Ride. An absolute must for first-time visitors to Venice, you'll travel in a traditional Venetian Gondola limited to a maximum of six people. Glide through the narrow back canals of St. Mark's district to enjoy an intimate experience of another Venice, where time has stood still for centuries.
The 30-minute ride in a traditional Venetian Gondola features - La Fenice Opera House, Guggenheim Museum & Peggy Guggenheim's Home, the beautiful San Moise Church, Mozart's Home in Venice, the ill-fated Ca' Dario Palace and the magnificent Salute Church built to celebrate the end of Venice's worst plague to name a few of the points of interest featured as part of this Venice day tours package.
N.B. Due to Lent religious observance St Mark’s Basilica will remain closed and no visiting will be permitted on all Saturdays and Sundays from now on until Easter included. These decisions are taken by the local authorities and are therefore beyond our control.
All tours including the Basilica will operate as scheduled – our guides will provide a detailed explanation of Basilica’s history, architecture and its treasures from the outside and wherever possible will bring visual aids (either books or pictures or Ipad) to allow the customers to view the interior of the church.
Both tours featured on this Venice Day Tour combo, the Venice Gondola Tour & Avventure Bellissime Original Venice Walk, start from the entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square.
Directions: from St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- Please note these tours can be taken over several days. Just specify in the comments field at the time of booking which dates you want to do each tour and we'll confirm your request accordingly.
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Prices from: 49.00
- Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Availability: View Calendar
The Gondola ride we went on was also great. Really good value for money and gave us the taster we were hoping for. It was short and you are in a boat with others, but it was brilliant and unforgettable - riding on the grand canal is a bucket list tick!
I did think that the Gondola ride would be a bit longer. But it was cool and a good experience nonetheless.
Our Gondola ride was disappointing. The gondolier had no interest in people in his gondola. Instead he yelled to the other Gondolier's for most of the time. This earned the average star
The ride itself was interesting but with all the yelling and ignoring the guests it was disappointing.
Save your money---don't do this!