Original Venice Ghost & Legends Walking Tours
Enjoy a night tour lasting 1,5 hrs and featuring Venice ghost and legends - The tour features Rialto bridge, Bovolo staircase, Marco Polo house and many back alleys and secret passageways of this enchanting cityBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- A delightful stroll through the dimly-lit alleyways of the Hidden Venice
- Venice Ghost Stories & Legends
- Expert English speaking Venice tour guide
- Maximum 25-participants per guide
Our Venice Ghost Walking Tours feature a delightful sightseeing route through the Hidden Venice that provides the perfect stage upon which your guide will introduce you to Ghost Stories Legends from Venice's Past & Present. Stroll through narrow passageways, cross sleeping canals and abandoned piazza's (campi) to discover that Venice by night is a city of romance and mystery.
During our Venice Ghost Walk you'll hear six intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the nights air. Throughout these 90-minute Venice Ghost Walking Tours your knowledgeable and entertaining guides will also entertain you with legends about sea monsters & the Venetians themselves that will include the tale about Marco Polo's wife.
Mind your step, as you follow your guide on our Ghost Walking Tour of Venice as you don't want to wake the dead! We'll cross several Ancient cemeteries hidden beneath the streets and campi of modern-day city of Venice.
And as you navigate the labyrinth of the Hidden Venice you'll see numerous architectural gems lost in the back-streets of Venice that include the famous Bovolo staircase. Built by a wealthy Venetian, at a time when Venetians still travelled around the city on horse-back, this elaborate staircase enabled the nobleman to ride his horse up to his private apartments.
On our Venice Ghost Walking Tours you'll explore a secret passage-way, one of the few remaining ones left in the city. The lover of a noble Venetian lady used this passageway to gain access to her private apartments without the knowledge of her husband (access subject to water-levels).
With stories of rat-infested prison cells that flooded during high tide, and a stroll along the "Calle dei Assassini" you'll enjoy our Venice Ghost Walk with many surprises along the way. The Tour ends close to the Rialto Bridge.
From 1st April tour departs from Campo San Bartolomeo near the statue in the middle of the square. The guide will hold a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with min 4 participants
- Prices from: 25.00
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Availability: View Calendar
While not a turn you white scary evening, a very enjoyable and informative night walk.
- Pickup Location
- Mid Point