Half Day semi-private Murano and Burano Boat tour
On our Semi private boat tour to Burano and Murano limited to 8 people, on board of a luxurious motorlaunch and accompanied by your English speaking guide, you will visit two among the most famous islands of the venitian lagoon, Murano famous for its glass production and Burano, famous for its colourful houses and for being home to centuries old tradition of lace makingBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Visit to picturesque fishing island of Burano, famous also for its lace-making
- Visit to a celebrated glass factory on Murano to see a demonstration of glass-blowing
- Luxurious motor-launch for transfers between Venice - Burano - Murano
- Max 8 people per tour / min 4 to operate the tour
- Local expert English speaking guide
- Return transfer to St Mark's area at the end of the tour
Enjoy a half day touring Murano and Burano island, in a small group of maximum 8 people and travelling by a luxurious motorlaunch. Pick up is from Venice city center and after boarding the boat, your guide will introduce you to the magical venitian lagoon composed by many small islands. Your first stop will be in Burano - a fishermen's island famous for its lace-making industry (merletti), as well as its blue, red, pink, yellow and green houses. Local legend has it that local fishermen used to paint the houses with such vivid colors in order to recognize their houses from a distance at sea. Nowadays there are around 3000 residents still living here and many of them continue the lace-making tradition. You will be also given some free time to explore on your own.
After a pleasant stroll around the Island of Burano, we'll make our way to Murano - the most famous of the Venetian Islands, renowned for the production of glass. The island is actually a small archipelago of various islands inhabited by around 4,500 people. Its glass-producing history dates back to 1291 when the local Venetian council decided that the furnaces were causing too many fires in wooden Venice and the glassmakers were forced to close up their businesses and move away to a new location - Murano island itself.
As a part of our tour you'll visit a selected glass-factory to see a demonstration of glass-blowing as well as visit the factory's showroom to admire the high quality of glass produced on the Island.
Your tour will conclude with a return transfer to Venice's city center.
Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square. From St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with Murano and Burano tour written on it
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Tour operates with max 8 people per boat.
- Tour operates with min 4 participants.
- Prices from: 84.00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: View Calendar