Grand Day tour of Rome in 2 days: Vatican, Colosseum, Piazzas, Fountains and Trastevere
Enjoy an intimate small group tour of Rome over two days . Skip to the front of the queues and visit the Vatican, Colosseum and Roman forum with our expert English- speaking guide. See the best sight of Rome on a hop-on hop-off tour by minivan, where you'll be dropped off at all the must-see sights Rome has to offer. Spend time visiting the picturesque Trastevere neighborhood with its traditional trattorias and medieval streets- Max 12-14 people- All entry fees and coffee includedBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Skip the line entry to the Colosseum and Vatican museum
- local expert English speaking guide for 10 hours
- Limited to 12-14 people
- AC Mercedes or similar type of vehicle to tour Rome highlights on the Best of Rome minivan tour
- Complimentary headsets if more than 8 people are in the group
- Qualification for our super saver special rate when booking this combination (compared to booking the tours individually)
- Small group tours featured in this combo special offer can be scheduled on different days during your stay
Super Saver Combo Grand Day tour of Rome in 2 Days – Book this tours and save 10% compared to booking each attraction separately !
As a part of a small group of like-minded travelers, you'll join our expert tour guide and you will be able to skip the queues and tour all the major attractions in Rome : Ancient Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Constantine's Arch and the Colosseum , the Vatican museum , the Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the picturesque Trastevere.
Let’s take a look at what tours our combo offer includes:
Day 1 ) 8.30 AM THE BEST OF ROME TOUR BY MINI-VAN - 3 hours
On this 3-hour tour, you will get to visit the highlights of Rome by minivan: Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona. In the second part of the tour, you will get the chance to stroll through one of the most ancient neighbourhoods of Rome - the picturesque Trastevere area and admire the majestic church of Santa Maria in Trastevere. You can watch the world go by in a local coffee shop and enjoy a complimentary Italian coffee or cappuccino.
Day 1 ) 1.00 pm VATICAN AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR – 4 hours
Accompanied by our expert tour guide you will see the most important highlights of the Vatican museum and St Peter’s Basilica
Since you are part of a small tour group, we’ll be able to show you the confined spaces of the Rooms by Raphael – other, larger tour groups are unable to include this on their itinerary. Our tour guide is an expert in art history and will interpret Raphael’s works, including how he expressed his admiration for his great rival, Michelangelo.
A significant portion of the tour will be spent in the Sistine Chapel where you can hear about its transformation into one of the world’s most important artistic creations. We’ll also share the story behind the conflict between two key figures of the Renaissance – Michelangelo and Pope Julius II.
We will spend time in the Vatican museums which hold significant collections of art built up by the Popes throughout the period. The collection includes some of the most renowned structures and masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
Then the tour will take you to St. Peter’s Basilica where you can see Bernini’s Papal canopy and Michelangelo’s Pietà. Throughout, our guide will tell you all about the history of the first Pope – the tale of a simple fisherman – through to the extravagance of the renaissance period popes.
Day 2 ) 8.45 am ANCIENT ROME TOUR – 3 hours
During this 3-hour tour you’ll be walking in the company of our licensed expert guide in the Colosseum who will help you visualize what it would have been like to be part of a 50,000 strong audience witnessing the showmanship of the Gladiators. From there you will move on to visit the Palatine Hill and then Constantine’s Arch – a triumphal arch which dates back to 315AD.
And afterwards, you will survey the ruins of the Ancient Roman Forum, where our guide will tell you about the period’s defining historical moments. Through our guides, you will be able to understand exactly what it was like to live in Rome over 2,000 years ago.
Day 1 : 8.30 am Small group Best of Rome minivan tour - pick-up in your centrally located hotel between 8.30 - 9 am.
Day 1 : 1 pm Small group Vatican tour - outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums, where you will find our guide holding a sign with the tour name written on it
Day 2: 8.45 am Small group Ancient Rome tour - outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissime Ancient rome tour written on it.
1 pm Small group Vatican tour - outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums, where you will find our guide holding a sign with the tour name written on it
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is no deposit area in the vicinity, avoid taking any rucksack due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments
- At times, Colosseum, Roman Forums, Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- These three small group tours can be taken in two or more days based on each tour's individual operational schedule. When submitting your reservation online select one date and enter your date preferences for the remaining tours in the comments field
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a dress code in places of worship like churches and basilicas. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed!
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off except for hotel pick-up for the 8.30 am Best of Rome tour
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (children who are under 36 kg/97 pounds or 150 cm/4ft 9 in must use proper child restraints). We reserve the right to refuse infants or children if we are not notified at the time of the booking and if the car seats brought do not comply with requirements by Italian law.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Prices from: 222.00
- Duration: 10 hours
- Availability: View Calendar