Exclusive Rome in 2 Days Tours – Colosseum, Vatican and Essence of Rome Tour
Enjoy an intimate small group tour of Rome over two or more days. Skip to the front of the queues and visit the Vatican, Colosseum and Roman forum with our expert English-speaking guide. See the best sights of Rome on our semi private Essence of Rome walking tour ending in the lively market in Campo de' Fiori. Max 8 people per guide!BOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Skip the line entry to the Colosseum and Vatican museum
- local expert English speaking guide for 9 hours
- Limited to 8 people per guide
- Qualification for our super saver special rate when booking this combination (compared to booking the tours individually)
- Small group tours featured in this combo special offer can be scheduled on different days during your stay based on operational schedule of each single tour
Super Saver Combo Grand Day tour of Rome in 2 Days – Book this tours and save 10% compared to booking each attraction separately!
As a part of a small group of like-minded travelers, you'll join our expert tour guide and you will be able to skip the queues and tour all the major attractions in Rome: Ancient Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Constantine's Arch and the Colosseum, the Vatican museum, the Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps.
Let’s take a look at what tours our combo offer includes:
8.30 AM ESSENCE OF ROME WALKING TOUR - 3 hours
Early morning walking tour with maximum 8 people per guide. Visit all the must see sights of Rome before the crowds arrive: Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Navona Square, Campo de' Fiori Market and Caravaggio painting - all included in this tour conducted by one of our art/historian guides. Enjoy also a coffee break at one of the historical Roman Cafés.
2.00 pm VATICAN AND SISTINE CHAPEL TOUR – 3 hours
Accompanied by our expert tour guide you will see the most important highlights of the Vatican museum and St Peter’s Basilica
A significant portion of the tour will be spent in the Sistine Chapel where you can hear about its transformation into one of the world’s most important artistic creations. We’ll also share the story behind the conflict between two key figures of the Renaissance – Michelangelo and Pope Julius II.
We will spend time in the Vatican museums which hold significant collections of art built up by the Popes throughout the period. The collection includes some of the most renowned structures and masterpieces of Renaissance art in the world.
Then the tour will take you to St. Peter’s Basilica where you can see Bernini’s Papal canopy and Michelangelo’s Pietà. Throughout, our guide will tell you all about the history of the first Pope – the tale of a simple fisherman – through to the extravagance of the renaissance period popes.
8.45 am ANCIENT ROME TOUR – 3 hours
During this 3-hour tour you’ll be walking in the company of our licensed expert guide in the Colosseum who will help you visualize what it would have been like to be part of a 50,000 strong audience witnessing the showmanship of the Gladiators. From there you will move on to visit the Palatine Hill and then Constantine’s Arch – a triumphal arch which dates back to 315AD.
And afterwards, you will survey the ruins of the Ancient Roman Forum, where our guide will tell you about the period’s defining historical moments. Through our guides, you will be able to understand exactly what it was like to live in Rome over 2,000 years ago.
starting on Mon, Wed & Fri
Day 1: 8.45 am Ancient Rome walking tour 2 pm Vatican walking tour
Day 2: 8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour
starting on Tue & Thu
Day 1: 8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour
Day 2: 8.45 am Ancient Rome walking tour 2 pm Vatican walking tour
8.30 am Essence of Rome walking tour - Piazza di Spagna by the fountain in front of the flight of steps
8.45 am Ancient Rome tour - outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissime Ancient rome tour written on it.
2 pm Vatican tour - outside the entrance to the Vatican Museums, where you will find our guide holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is no luggage deposit area in the vicinity, avoid taking any rucksack due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments
- At times Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica close without notice. No refunds are available as these events are beyond our control.
- These three small group tours can be taken in two or more days based on each tour's individual operational schedule. When submitting your reservation online select one date and enter your date preferences for the remaining tours in the comments field
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for wheelchair users
- There is a dress code in places of worship like churches and basilicas. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed!
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off
- Each tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Prices from: 249.00
- Duration: 9 hours
- Availability: View Calendar