Essence Venice tour and Doge's Palace combo tour
Super saver combo that Combines a 2 hrs small group walking tour of Venice featuring St Mark's Square , St Mark's Basilica, Pala d'Oro , Bridge of sighs , Castello district of Venice with a 2 hrs tour of the Doge's Palace and Doges' palace prisonsBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Skip the line tickets to the Doge's Palace
- Skip the line tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Visit the Pala d’oro in St. Mark's Basilica
- Learn about the Venitian untique political institutions and the Council of Ten in the Doge's Palace
- Discover the hidden Venice
- Headphones from 8 people
9.00am - 11.00am - DOGE'S PALACE TOUR
The first part of this Venice day tours package is an in-depth tour of the most important Palace of Venice, the Doge's Palace, to appreciate the unique Venetian political form of government that helped Venice to become one of the most enlightened cities in the world. Hear tales of the infamous "Council of Ten" who used extreme measures to maintain order in the city, and learn about the role played by the Doge in Venetian society.
As you tour the Palace admire its richly decorated rooms, with paintings and frescoes by the most important Venetian painters, walk across the Bridge of Sighs, so-called by Lord Byron, that connects the Doge's Palace to its notorious prisons. The tour will also include a walk through part of the small and damp prisons, as the Doge’s Palace was also where justice was administered and where the city’s terrible prisons were to be found. Inside the Doge's Palace see “the mouth for secret accusations“, where even for a single anonymous accusations a person could be arrested and judged by the most feared tribunal of the city: The Council of Ten! At the conclusion of the first of this Venice day tours package you'll have free time for lunch.
2.00pm - 4.00pm - ESSENCE OF VENICE WALKING TOUR WITH ST. MARK'S BASILICA
Start the second part of the Venice day tours package which will focus on St. Mark’s Basilica, followed by a walk through areas of the enchanting Hidden Venice. We'll discuss the famous landmarks of St. Mark's square, you'll enjoy an in-depth tour of St. Mark's Basilica, to admire the astonishing interior covered in rich and lavish mosaics, the precious Pala D'Oro and you'll learn about the strong Byzantine influences on the city that helped Venice realize its own unique style of architecture.
Then, experience a very different Venice - off-the-beaten-track! Far from the crowds to see Venice at its best, crossing delicate bridges, admiring meandering canals, stopping at lovely small squares, and being entertained by the commentary of your expert guide as you relive the days of the Venetian Republic and the colourful characters that called this city home. During the tour you will also see the beautiful San Zacharia's church (exterior only), set in a quiet square, with its rich façade, a blend of gothic and renaissance style. This Venice day tours package will finish in St. Mark’s Square, by the poetic “Bridge of Sighs”.
Both tours start from the Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Mark's Square.
Directions: From St. Mark's facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with the name of the tour written on it.
IMPORTANT: shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St. Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica
- At times St Mark’s basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica are available only from April to October (St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods, considered off peak season).
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Marks basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- These tours are of historical areas and are not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Prices from: 63.00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: View Calendar