Avventure Bellissime's Original Venice Walk
Venice walking tour lasting 2 hrs and featuring St Mark's Square, St Mark's Basilica, Doge's palace (exterior), and areas of the so called Secret VeniceBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Licensed expert English speaking Venice's tour guides
- Visit St. Mark's Basilica with skip the line tickets, Doge's Palace tour (exterior), Bridge of Sighs, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Hidden Venice and the Rialto Bridge
- Complimentary head-sets (from 8 people) to follow every word of your expert guides commentary
Our Original Venice Walk has been providing the perfect introduction to Venice since the last century. Tracing the history of Venice from its origins to modern times, the most popular of all Venice Tours features the famous landmarks of St. Mark's Square combined with skip the line tickets for St. Mark's Basilica and a delightful stroll through the enchanting Hidden Venice.
The first part of this Venice walking tours itinerary focuses on St. Mark's Square, including a visit to St. Mark's Basilica with skip the line tickets included in the price of the tour. You'll learn about the Doge's Palace (exterior only), Bell Tower, Clock Tower and the famous Bridge of sighs, as well as the other monuments of this beautiful square while enjoying an introduction to the history of Venice.
Then, escape the crowds, as the second part of our Original Venice Walk explores the Hidden Venice. Enjoy a delightful stroll along narrow passageways, over delicate bridges and meandering canals following an itinerary littered with important monuments that illustrate that Venice is one giant open-air museum waiting to be discovered by the intrepid traveller.
As your eyes feast on the postcard images that abound in every direction, your guide will continue to narrate the story of the most unique city in the world. In the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa, we'll discuss Venetian Architecture, Venetian Mercantile Empire.
Then, our tour continues through the back-streets of Venice to visit the Cannaregio district, where we'll admire the most beautiful well-head in Venice and the Pantheon of Venice (only exterior) where many important Venetians were laid to rest.
And, through the many important sights and in-depth historical narrations, you'll learn about illustrious Venetian characters like Marco Polo as well as more common citizens, that made this city of stone such a vibrant and magical place.
And, of course, we'll discuss modern day Venice, and what it's like to live in the most unique city in the world, though not always the most practical. Avventure Belllissime's Original Venice walking tours itinerary ends near the Rialto Bridge.
Entrance to the Royal Gardens on the water front of St. Marks Square. From St. Marks facing the Basilica turn right and walk towards the open water. At the two giant columns facing the water turn right, and following the line of trees after a 100 metres you will come to the entrance of the Royal Gardens where we will be waiting holding a sign with Original Venice Walk written on it
- At times St Mark’s Basilica is closed due to high water or religious ceremonies. During high water the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. On those occasions when St Mark’s Basilica is open with high water, skip the line tickets will not be accepted as all visitors have only 1 door open to get in the church. In case the church is unexpectedly closed without any prior notice the tour will operate with the guide providing the explanation from outside the Basilica
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica is compulsory from April to October due to high number of visitors. (St Mark’s Basilica does not require a fast entry service to anyone in other periods considered off peak season)
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Mark's Basilica. Large bags are not allowed inside the basilica.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking.
- The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off.
- Tour operates with min 4 participants
- Max 22/25 people per guide
- Prices from: 25.00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Availability: View Calendar