Ancient Rome & Colosseum - semi private tour
In this intimate and informative walking tour, we will take you through the cradle of western civilization to re-live the time when Rome ruled the world. In small groups of maximum of 12 people per guide, our three-hour tour offers you skip the line tickets to help you make the most of your time. Together, we will visit the Colosseum, Constantine’s Arch, the Ancient Forum and Palatine HillBOOK NOW
Highlights and what's included
- Skip the line tickets to the Colosseum, Constantine’s Arch, Ancient Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Only 12 people per guide
- Tours led by our experienced English speaking guides, experts in art, history and archaeology
- Headphones to help you make the most of your guide’s commentary
Avventure Bellissime’s semi private and informative walking tour will take you through the cradle of western civilization to re-live the time when Rome ruled the world.
In small groups of maximum 12 people per guide, our three-hour tour offers you an in-depth visit of the Colosseum, Constantine’s Arch, the Ancient Forum and Palatine Hill.
With ‘skip the line’ tickets, you will be able to make the most of your time in the company of one of our expert licensed tour guides. And you will also have complimentary headphones to help you follow every word of their commentary.
Why book an Avventure Bellissime tour?
Our tours offer you a more personalised and in-depth experience thanks to our licensed tour guides who are all experts in art, history and archaeology. During the three-hour tour, you will have all the time you need to experience the beauty and to soak up the atmosphere of this special experience.
Your booking includes ‘skip the queue tickets’ helping you make the most of your time. You will have access to headphones to help you make the most of the guide’s commentary.
Our experienced guides go the extra mile, using ipads to illustrate our stories and explanations. And, since you are in a small group of a maximum of 8 people, our guides also have far more time to interact with you and answer any questions you may have.
Let’s take a look at what the Ancient Rome tour includes:
The Colosseum – Ancient Rome’s most celebrated building
One of the highlights of our Ancient Rome walking tours is a visit to the magnificent Colosseum. You will have ‘skip the queue’ tickets – helping you to avoid delays and make the most of your time. Your expert tour guide will take you on a thorough tour of the stunning interior of Ancient Rome's most famous building.
You will learn how the Romans managed to build this massive structure that was originally a third of a mile in circumference on marshy ground, and how it was designed to allow an unruly crowd of some 50,000 spectators to enter and exit with ease.
During the tour you will learn how the hidden mechanisms of Ancient Rome's most celebrated building created the fabulous stage effects that accompanied the violent games held here. You’ll find out about the types of games held in Colosseum, what these events meant to Roman citizens, as well as the amphitheatre's function in Ancient Rome.
Then, we'll admire the Constantine's Arch – a triumphal arch which sits between the Colosseum and the Palatine Hill. Built to mark Constantine I’s victory at the Battle of Milvian Bridge. Our guides will tell you how its great reliefs – a sculptural technique - influenced Baroque artists in Rome as well as the function of triumphant arches in the city.
Ancient Roman Forum – the cradle of western civilisation
Then our expert guide will lead you on a fascinating walking tour through the striking remains of the Ancient Roman Forum - the cradle of Western civilization and the main square of the Roman Empire. Our guide will teach you about its history brought to life by tales of Ancient Rome's society, their beliefs as well as tales about their family and civic lives.
Through the tour you’ll also learn what role the Forum played in Ancient Rome, and its influence on succeeding generations. Your guide will also highlight important landmarks of the Ancient Forum that date from the various periods of Rome's long and great history. This part of the tour will cover the history of Ancient Rome from its origins to the age of the Roman Republic, and the glory days of the Roman Empire.
During the tour you'll also understand how these Romans who considered themselves men of the soil gave the letters S.P.Q.R their meaning and later carried them to the ends of the known world!
The walking tour of Ancient Rome will finish on Palatine Hill - a hill that has given its name to all the palaces in the world. The Palatine is an enchanted place where you can experience a fantastic vista of Ancient Rome. It’s the ideal place to reflect on everything you’ve learned and to contemplate the feats of the Ancient Romans!
Tour starts at 8.45am from outside the Colosseum metropolitan station, by the newspaper green kiosk on the right side where you will find our guide holding a board with Avventure Bellissime Ancient rome tour written on it. This tour operates with a minimum of 4 people
- Rucksacks are NOT allowed inside Colosseum and Ancient Forum!!!! As there is not deposit area in the vicinity , avoid taking any rucksack as due to the new rules otherwise you will not be admitted inside the monuments.
- This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you.
- Please be aware that at times the Colosseum and Ancient Forum closes without notice. We always list these dates as soon as they become available. Whenever possible we will reschedule the tour or where this is not possible, we will offer an alternative. However we are unable to offer refunds or discounts as these events are beyond our control.
- This tour involves a considerable amount of walking and we suggest you wear suitable and comfortable shoes.
- The tour does not include hotel pick up and drop off
- The tour does not include gratuities
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 participants.
- Prices from: 42.00
- Duration: 3 hours
- Availability: View Calendar